The CIA’s Role in the Anthrax Mailings Cover-up: Evidence of Robert Mueller’s Deep State Agency and Complicity in Military-Industrial Sabotage, Terrorism, and Population Control.
Days after 9/11, I began hounding FBI officials, especially Director Robert Mueller, to protect Americans against an unfolding “anthrax scam.” The Justice Department did nothing but divert and neglect the clear and convincing evidence that I brought. My prophetically-titled book, Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare preceded the 9/11 horror by nearly 3 months–a fact the FBI shunned. My research and revelations indicted the CIA and its Battelle Memorial Institute secret “hyper-weaponized” anthrax program. That was, after all, the only lab in the United States outfitted to produce the electromagnetized, silica-laced, hyper-concentrated anthrax strain mailed. Only I nailed the origin and motivation for the serial slayings and mass fright. But rather than honor my efforts with the “Special Reward” of up to $2.5 million promised for the accurate intelligence I provided, I got increasingly censored by the media and interrogated by the FBI and National Security Agency agents as a “suspect” in the mailings. Incredible as this may seem, that is what happened.
Now Mueller’s ties to the Deep State slime at the bottom of the genocidal swamp are being revealed, along with the accuracy, heroism, and leadership I demonstrated as a citizen’s advocate and bioterror industry whistleblower. What follows gives ample justification for indicting Robert Mueller and his Deep State FBI thugs for aiding-and-abetting by willful blindness and complicity mass murder and treason against We The People.
A Special Report on the Anthrax Mailings Originally Prepared for Simultaneous Publication in The Spectrum and Media ByPass
Leonard G. Horowitz, D.M.D., M.A., M.P.H.*
On October 1, 2001-approximately two weeks before the first publicly announced anthrax mailing-Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) officials received an urgent warning from this author.(1) Government investigators were directed to consider the growing anthrax fright as the planned response to military-style propaganda. The American news media’s coverage of anthrax, and subsequently the anthrax mailings, held many similarities to what military officials in previous years called psychological operations (PSYOPs) for command and control warfare (C2W). The primary objectives in this unique anthrax campaign appeared to be pharmaceuticals sales and forced “emergency” legislation effecting stringent population controls.
Broadcasters such as Peter Jennings on the ABC Nightly News (September 26, 2001) featured the Bayer pharmaceutical company’s anthrax antibiotic Cipro, without mention of far less costly and risky alternatives to mass population prophylaxis. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advanced Cipro for anthrax along with a “Model State Emergency Health Powers Act” for generic bioterrorism response including forced drugging and certain vaccinations for anthrax and smallpox.(2)
Due to the panic and official endorsements, Cipro sales skyrocketed more than 1000%. At a single consumer prescription cost of $700 for a mere sixty-day supply, the resulting revenue helped rescue Bayer from the brink of bankruptcy.(3) Then, Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Tommy Thompson rushed to spend millions more on a “special” Cipro contract in further defense of the nation’s health.(4) By November, in the wake of the anthrax mailings, more than 30,000 panicked people in the United States were taking Cipro.(5) Unreported by the media was the grave likelihood that given Cipro’s myriad side effects, and largely untested status, more people had died from taking the drug than the handful who had succumbed from the anthrax mailings.
Meanwhile, the deadly mailings-a form of serial homicide-had seemingly stumped our nation’s most adroit sluths. From my perspective as a Harvard-trained behavioral scientist and public health authority with special expertise in media persuasion technologies, this apparent military-industrial PSYOPs was so obvious I felt compelled to report it to the FBI. It was, after all, my constitutional duty as an American citizen and public health professional to do so.
Between 1990 and 1993 I became familiar with the FBI’s official methods and materials for investigating and solving such serial homicides. My ninth book, in fact, Deadly Innocence: The Kimberly Bergalis Case-Solving the Greatest Mystery in the Annals of American Medicine, dealt largely with the FBI’s “motivational model” for serial homicide. I used it to evaluate the apparently intentional spread of an infectious agent-the AIDS virus (HIV)-by a Florida dentist in his effort to bring national media attention to his conclusion that the AIDS-virus, from which he was dying, was a government biological weapons laboratory creation. He believed that the genocidal weapon was subsequently distributed through contaminated vaccines. Prior to this book, I published three peer-reviewed scientific articles that employed the bureau’s “motivational model.” The core of the FBI’s investigative protocol involved reviewing the developmental histories of their principle suspects, while analyzing their potential motives to best explain the murders. The same approach was indicated in the anthrax mailings investigation, I reckoned.(6)
It took approximately two months before my initial concerns regarding the Bayer corporation and Cipro sales scam were taken seriously. Not by federal investigators, mind you, but by a small portion of the national news media led by the Washington Times.(7)
On December 2 and 3, 2001, following numerous press releases sent to mainstream science reporters and news sources by our affiliated organizations and networks, the New York Times finally focused on the concerns I initially raised regarding the likelihood that U.S. military biological weapons contractors were the source of the anthrax-mailings.(8)
This article relays additional evidence that these criminal offenses are best explained by a relatively new treasonous form of military-industrial sabotage and terrorism in support of population control approaching economic genocide in support of the political pursuits of globalization. This conclusion is supported by massive evidence compiled in the prophetically titled book Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare (Tetrahedron, LLC, 2001; 1-888-508-4787) that preceded the horrible events of September 11, 2001, along with the public access reports cited herein.
While introducing a definitive 20-page referenced report on the anthrax mailings on December 10, 2001, that eventually reached close to 500,000 readers through the Internet, I wrote that “amazingly, despite generally perceived limitations on freedom of the press, enough truths are still told today to allow determined investigators and journalists to piece little known facts together to reflect broad, sociopolitical criminal realities.” At that time I was unaware that in the days following that report several mainstream newspapers, including the Baltimore Sun, New York Times, and Washington Post, would be following my leads and additionally supporting my conclusions with the testimonies of many anonymous experts and officials who, like me, felt compelled to relay urgent truths in defense of the American people.
The following report provides important background on the suspects implicated in the anthrax mailings. As with every official FBI investigation of suspects in serial slayings, a review of the developmental histories of chief suspects was conducted while considering military-industrial sabotage and terrorism as a possible motive for the crime of sending anthrax through the mail. From this knowledge, chief suspects were identified, and a determination of the primary, if not sole, source of the mailed anthrax was made. The evidence strongly suggests a conspiracy to commit military-industrial sabotage, terrorism, and treason against America involving anthrax developers at the Battelle Memorial Institute and collaborating agents within the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and/or national security system.
On April 24, 1997, a package containing a Petri dish labeled “anthrachs” was received by the B’nai B’rith in Washington, D.C. According to researchers reporting in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists this triggered a new era in mailed anthrax hoaxes and threats. (9)
By February 1999, the CDC reported that seven major anthrax threats were recorded during a three month period in 1998. Perhaps not coincidentally, the same day this report was issued, the media reported four more incidents.(9)
Among the first to suspect military-industrial terrorism involving anthrax was Leonard A. Cole, a political scientist at Rutgers University in Newark, New Jersey. He recalled that the letters claiming to contain anthrax, much like those in recent mailings to news sources, “arrived at the Washington Post and . . . at an NBC news office in Atlanta.”
He, like many political observers, balked at the unprecedented announcement by Defense Secretary William Cohen on national television concerning a “5-pound bag of Domino sugar” the military official likened to powdered anthrax. Mr. Cole wrote that the “military’s controversial decision to vaccinate U.S. troops against anthrax,” gave the anthrax threat a “special cachet.” I wrote, at that time, Mr. Cohen’s behavior was virtually treasonous. After all, when in America’s history had our military leader(s) publicized our nation’s greatest attack vulnerabilities? A new military mentality, if not a form of psychological warfare, had obviously foreshadowed current events. In Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare,(10) the use of such “PSYOPs”-psychological operations-was predicted to facilitate severe curtailments of American civil liberties. Professor Cole editorialized that such threats of bioterrorism, “reportedly brandished by an assortment of ‘rogue states,’ helped the Pentagon, justify its still sizable post-Cold War military budget.”
Might all of this reflect the officially heralded, though mostly classified, “Revolution in Military Affairs”?(11)
Within days of the anthrax hoax at the B’nai B’rith, FBI director Louis Freeh suddenly offered a very different view from that which had been previously expressed by leading military and intelligence officials regarding the risk of bioterrorism. The acquisition or use of biological weapons by individuals or terrorist groups, he stated, constituted “one of the gravest threats to the United States.”(9)
Discerning the change in articulated official policy and its economic ramifications, Professor Cole lamented over the soaring bioterrorism budget-$1.4 billion at that time. “Even bioscientists who think the threat is exaggerated are reluctant to contradict officials who say it is ‘only a matter of time’ before one of the many anthrax alarms turns out to be real,” he wrote.(9)
In a related article, Jonathan B. Tucker, director of the Chemical and Biological Weapons (CBW) Nonproliferation Project at Monterey Institute of International Studies, and his associate Amy Sands, director of the Monitoring Proliferation Threats Project at that Institute, discussed anthrax-related hysteria. They reflected on “the tendency of U.S. government officials to exaggerate the threat of chemical and biological terrorism” which they wrote was “reinforced by sensational reporting in the press and an obsessive fascination with catastrophic terrorism in Hollywood films, best-selling books, and other mainstays of pop culture.” Had their writing not preceded the Hollywood production called “Wag the Dog” they might have modified their dismal view of “Tinseltown” truth-tellers.(12)
Likewise, in the Washington Post (March 16, 1999), science policy analyst Daniel S. Greenberg criticized what he called “a whiff of hysteria-fanning and budget opportunism in the scary scenarios of the saviors who have stepped forward against the menace of bioterrorism. . . . While a gullible press echoes [their] frightening warnings, there are no independent assessments of the potential for terrorist attacks or the practicality of the proposed responses.”(12)
Indeed, these scholarly assessments foreshadowed today’s news headlines concerning the official origin of the mailed anthrax-reports that seriously implicate military defense contractors, if not government officials themselves. What many may wish to believe is an appropriate National Security response to threatened bioterrorist attacks, is best explained by the words on the back of every dollar bill-“Novo Ordo Seclorum.” Without entertaining broad conspiracy theories, current events demonstrate a “New World Order” is certainly evolving from militarily managed chaos.
Investigating the Primary Suspects
Most people affected by this apparent mass-mediated military-industrial PSYOPs cannot fathom a conspiracy of this extent or nature. The accompanying diagram may help those who wish to help themselves to a most rational explanation of the anthrax mailings and related outcomes. I composed this flow chart to accompany my special report to the FBI and the mass media. It depicts the relationships between the chief military-industrial suspects, and is best reviewed in sequence according to the following numbered text. This flow chart evidences the organizational dynamics upon which a relatively broad anthrax mailings conspiracy was apparently effected. Again, the following numbered text items, corresponding to the numbers provided on the flow chart, provides information evidencing a military-industrial conspiracy to commit sabotage through the U.S. mail. In this way, media coverage and terrorism was effected in support of economic agendas and political concessions, including highly restrictive legislation, that has grossly compromised the civil rights of every American.
Background on the Anthrax Vaccine Maker-Bioport
1. In March 16, 1999, Robert C. Myers, DVM, Chief Operating Officer of BioPort-America’s only anthrax vaccine maker-appealed to a Senate Appropriations Committee for urgent funding for both anthrax and smallpox vaccines. In 1996, in his own words, he “was part of a team of organizations, led by Battelle Memorial Institute, which came together to compete for the [Department of Defense’s Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program] JVAP. Despite there being dozens of potential bioterrorist threats, Dr. Myers stated these two threats were the greatest since anthrax is easy to handle and “because smallpox is highly contagious and probably most of the world is now susceptible. . . .” He also testified, “Suppose we have a smallpox vaccine stockpile and a manufacturing capability. . . . Funding for adequate security must be included in this program if the threat is to be optimally minimized. Included in these security measures and to prevent against natural disaster, there should be two or more geographical separate manufacturing facilities and two or more facilities for storage of the manufactured vaccine.” He further stated that few companies wished to become involved in the production of anthrax and smallpox vaccines due to the high expense and risks involved in research and development. Today, the only other companies linked to smallpox vaccine production include Baxter, Aventis (Hoechst-Rhone Poulenc subsidiary) OraVax/Acambis, and Fort Dodge Animal Health as detailed in the accompanying flow chart.(13)
2. The preceding year (September 1998), Bioport Corporation took over a failing anthrax vaccine business from state-owned Michigan Biologic Products Institute. Less than a month later, the company landed an exclusive $29 million contract with the Department of Defense to “manufacture, test, bottle and store the anthrax vaccine.” Admiral William J. Crowe, Jr., a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and close personal aid to President Clinton, with no financial investment of his own, received 22.5% of Bioport’s stock to promote, secure, and manage military anthrax vaccine contracts.(14)
3. Bioport’s principal investor was Saudi business man Fuad El-Hibri-a close friend of the bin Laden family, and a previous merger and acquisitions manager for the Rockefeller-linked Citigroup in New York.(14,15)
According to some investigators,(16) additional Bioport shares were believed to be held by The Carlyle Management Group-America’s 11th leading defense contractor largely directed by past CIA director Frank Carlucci, James Baker III, George H.W. Bush, and former British Prime Minister John Major.
4. According to the Associated Press, Past President George H.W. Bush acts as a business agent for the Carlyle Group and wealthy Saudi families including the bin Ladens.(17)
Journalist Ian Gurney provided additional evidence linking Osama bin Laden’s al-Qaeda network to Bioport in a report issued over the Internet on December 19, 2001. According to the original story published on December 1, by the Pakistan News Service, documents originating from the US Defense Department that referred to Bioport, Inc. were found in the possession of the al-Qaeda in Kabul, Afghanistan. The documents contained highlighted items and stars scribbled across the top of one page. According to Bioport spokeswoman Kim Brennen Root, “The document was a report on the environmental impact of renovations to our Lansing, Michigan plant, not a ‘how-to’ manual on making the vaccine.” The Bioport official surmised, “The discovery supports the notion that the al-Qaeda and the Taliban have been studying biological warfare and protecting against weapons of mass destruction,” despite the greater likelihood that Osama bin Laden, in light of the above revelations-his family’s investments in the Carlyle Group and ties to Bioport principle Fuad El Hibri-desired to keep tabs on their alleged Bioport investments.(18)
5. According to Forensic Intelligence International investigator Dr. Stephen P. Dresch, in a report submitted to Henry J. Hyde, Chairman of the Committee on International Relations, two suspicious deaths of biological weapons experts, Larry C. Ford and Vladimir Pasenchnik, may reflect the criminal mentality and behavior of principle suspects in the anthrax mailings investigation, especially those with direct links to Bioport-a virtual front for the British oligarchy controlled Porton Down establishment. (See side bar detailing “Mysterious Deaths.”)
6. From 1998 to the present, Bioport has successfully negotiated through a steady storm of controversy and illegalities to secure ongoing defense contracts and government endorsements for anthrax vaccine.(14,15,19) On December 19-20, The New York Times reported that Bioport’s vaccine was being offered by government officials to civilians possibly exposed to the mailed anthrax. In response, Connecticut Republican Representative Christopher Shays articulated the opposition’s concern regarding the general danger for people “to take a vaccine that hasn’t been approved by the FDA and that was made in a plant that hasn’t been approved either.”(19)
Background on Anthrax Antibiotic Maker-Bayer
7. In July 2000, Germany’s Bayer AG negotiated an unprecedented sole endorsement by the FDA of the antibiotic Cipro for anthrax, despite the drug’s high risk, high price, and largely untested status.(7) Shortly thereafter, USA Today reported a study of conflicting interests on the FDA advisory committees endorsing drug policies. Author Dennis Cauchon wrote that between January 1, 1998 and June 30, 2000, during 92% of the 159 meetings, “at least one member had a financial conflict of interest. At 55% of meetings, half or more of the FDA advisers had conflicts of intrest. Conflicts were most frequent at the 57 meetings when broader issues were discussed: 92% of members had conflicts. At the 102 meetings dealing with the fate of a specific drug, 33% of the experts had a financial conflict.”(20) Given this background, it is most reasonable to speculate that the FDA’s unprecedented sole antibiotic endorsement of Bayer’s largely untested and outrageously expensive Cipro for anthrax likewise reflected special and grossly conflicting of financial interest.
8. During the 1980s, Bayer AG and Baxter Healthcare both marketed blood clotting factor VIII. Both firms were found guilty of knowingly transmitting the AIDS virus (HIV) to more than 7,000 American hemophiliacs. Both firms settled out of court for what amounted to economically motivated genocide.(21)
9. World War II military background on Bayer: Company President, Hermann Schmitz, also directed Germany’s leading industrial organization-I.G. Farben. He was found guilty at Nuremberg trials for running Nazi concentration labor camps. He merely served four years in prison. According to CBS News war correspondent Paul Manning, Schmitz held more shares of Rockefeller Standard Oil Co. stock than the Rockefellers. Farben’s principle partner, the Rockefellers, profited greatly from World War II. A Federal Court judgment cited the Standard Oil Co. as America’s “Enemy National,” that is, a “traitor.” Bayer was blacklisted at that time by the U.S. Federal Government.(22)
10. During the late 1940s, I.G. Farben was “decartelized” by the Allied High Commission led by America’s John J. McCloy-a Philadelphia banker and lawyer with intimate ties to Rockefeller oil and banking interests. Farben stockholders received equal shares of Bayer, Hoechst, and BASF stock.(10,22,23)
Related Smallpox Vaccine Makers-American Home Products/Baxter and Fort Dodge, Hoechst/Aventis/Oravax-Acambis
11. American Home Products (AHP) was formed in 1926 but evolved largely under the same direction as Bayer, Hoechst and BASF, that is, from I.G. Farben/Rockefeller financial interests according to cancer investigator and author G. Edward Griffin.(24) During WWII, Ayerst Laboratories joined AHP and Wyeth International Limited was formed. This company went on to “perfect” the smallpox vaccine according to company promotions.(25)
12. The Genetics Institute, an offshoot of the Rockefeller initiated and dominated genetics industry, is a biotech research unit of AHP/Wyeth-Ayerst. The Institute contributes to Baxter’s product line of genetically engineered products, as does AHP, including the smallpox vaccine.(10,26,27)
13. Aventis Pharma, with headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany-coincidentally the home of I.G. Farben and the post-war CIA-was formed by Hoechst AG and Rhone-Poulenc S.A. during their merger in 1999. American headquarters of the company not far from Trenton, NJ in Bridgewater.(28)
14. The politically powerful Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association (PhRMA) is directed by Aventis’s CEO Richard Markham. Mr. Markham is also Chairman of the Task Force on Emergency Preparedness that meets regularly with Bush administration officials. The Bayer and Merck companies are also heavily represented in PhRMA and its bioterrorism task force.(28) (Merck should be recalled as the primary recipient of the Nazi “flight capital” on August 10, 1944 at the time the company’s president, George W. Merck, was America’s biological weapons industry director.(29) According to Paul Manning, who credited CIA director Allen Dulles for his intelligence and guidance in Martin Bormann: Nazi in Exile, the “flight capital scheme” assured the rise of the Fourth Reich, alternatively called the “Neuordnung”-New Order, for the global petrochemical-pharmaceutical and banking cartels, according to Farben documents discussed by Manning and others.(22,30)
15. One example of the steady stream of incestuous mergers and acquisitions within the IG Farben/Rockefeller cartel, is American Cyanamid’s purchase by AHP in 1994. American Cyanamid is infamous for producing, through Lederle Labs, monkey cancer virus contaminated polio vaccines linked to several contemporary human cancer epidemics.(29) AHP then sold its Cyanamid Agricultural Products business, including carcinogenic pesticides said to reduce the spread of the West Nile virus, to BASF Aktiengesellschaft in June 2000.(31)
Current Events Potentially Impacting the Anthrax Mailing Investigation
16. PhRMA officials have met regularly and illegally with Bush administration officials under the auspices of “emergency preparedness” according to The Public Citizen in November, 2001. Multi-million dollar drug and vaccine contracts have emerged from these mostly secret meetings that violate the Federal Advisory Committee Act-a transparency law enacted to protect consumers against closed-door dealings between government and special interests.(32)
17. The BBC and London’s leading Sunday newspaper, The Guardian, reported (Nov. 7, 2001) that the Bush administration, through the CIA, hog-tied the FBI in their investigations linking Bush family and bin Laden family investments, including commonly held stock in the Carlyle Management Group. This may have profoundly suppressive implications affecting the indicated investigations of Bioport and Battelle Labs for this and other reasons cited below.(33)
18. Based in Bridgewater, New Jersey, Aventis Pharma AG sought and received a lucrative smallpox vaccine order from the U.S. government. Along with Bayer, Hoechst, and Merck & Co. all four firms have major plants within 45-minutes drive of Trenton, NJ where most of the anthrax mailings originated. Aventis’s European operations are jointly (50:50) owned by Merck & Co.(34)
19. Aventis collaborates with Oravax/Acambis to produce enough smallpox vaccine for the federal government’s large order, and fulfills Bioport’s Chief Operating Officer, Robert Myers’s recommendations to the U.S. Congress that his company, and at least one other, be able to produce critical anthrax and smallpox vaccines. The Aventis/Acambis 20-year contract, awarded by the CDC, is worth approximately $343 million for a 40-million dose stockpile.(13, 34, 35)
20. Acambis-evolved from OraVax-allied with Baxter Heathcare to produce smallpox and West Nile virus vaccines. Aventis fully funds the OraVax/Acambis dengue fever vaccine and subsidizes other joint ventures. Months before 9-11, the CDC awarded Acambis a 20-year contract to develop a new smallpox vaccine.(36)
Apparent Origin of the Weaponized Anthrax-The Chief Suspects
21. In April, 1998, OraVax/Acambis Vice President, Dr. Thomas Monath met with President Clinton, New York’s Emergency Management Director, Jerry Hauer, Rockefeller University president emeritus and American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) curator, Dr. Joshua Lederberg, CIA Director John Deutsch, and government biological weapons expert William C. Patrick, III, to discuss/negotiate the first of several multimillion dollar anthrax, smallpox, and West Nile virus vaccine contracts. According to New York Times reporters William Broad and Judith Miller,(37) “seven scientists endorsed the stockpile�.” These included “two men who stood to gain financially from the decision. . . .” These men included Dr. Monath and Dr. J. Craig Venter, president of The Institute for Genomic Research near Washington working on anthrax genetics. “The apparent consensus on acquiring vaccines masked deep divisions among scientists and military officials,” according to the Times reporters.(10,37)
22. Around the same time, according to New York Times reporter William Broad,(8) William C. Patrick, III, was commissioned to compile a report for an undisclosed government contractor concerning the ramifications of mailing aerosolizable anthrax. In an earlier report,(8) investigators Broad and Miller cited the published paper of Dr. Barbara Hatch Rosenberg, a “private expert in biological weapons,” in which she contended “that a government insider, or someone in contact with an insider, . . .” was responsible for the mailed anthrax. “One official close to the federal investigation called the Rosenberg theory ‘the most likely hypothesis,’” according to the New York Times article. Given this most credible theory, obvious suspects among the government “insiders” with economic and/or political motives to mail anthrax for military-industrial espionage related outcomes are Bioport-sole maker of the anthrax vaccine; allied smallpox vaccine makers OraVax/Acambis, Baxter, Aventis, Bayer-the anthrax antibiotic profiteer; and most importantly the principle government and U.S. military contractor-Batelle Memorial Institute’s Chemical and Biological Information Analysis Center with bioweapons research, development, and testing labs in West Jefferson, Ohio and Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah. (See the summary of Battelle’s CBW operations by clicking here:http://www.nbcindustrygroup.com/battel.htm. Subsequently removed.)
Astonishingly, a photograph of the specific building in which the Ames strain of hyper-weaponized powdered anthrax was tested appears courtesy of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) from one of their educational slide presentations. This photo further establishes, as detailed in BMI’s operations description, the direct association between the Dugway Proving Grounds “Life Sciences Facilities” and BMI’s “Aerosol Engineering & Biological Sciences Facilities.” (38,39)
(Photograph reprinted from http://www.nrel.gov/surviving_disaster/fema2000/Cbiac/sld016.htm. Subsequently removed, but re-published by the author below.
Only weeks earlier the HHS secretary said he had worked a “special” deal with Bayer to purchase 100 million tablets of Cipro for 95 cents each.(55) This, despite equally effective and better tested alternatives, such as doxycyclines, were more readily available for less than five cents each.(56)
Within weeks the New York Times announced that between $1.5-3.2 billion was to be spent “largely on drugs and vaccines” to fight bioterrorism in the United States.(57)
Finally, on November 23, 2001, the New York Times reported that Aventis Pharma of Frankfurt, Germany had developed a promising pharmaceutical formula for smallpox-“cidofovir and a chemical known as S2242.” Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), “told a Senate committee last month that ‘the animal model data are very impressive. . .”(58) Dr. Fauci is America’s AIDS czar, under direct oversight by the CIA. He was heavily implicated by this author in Emerging Viruses: AIDS & Ebola-Nature, Accident or Intentional? (Tetrahedron, LLC Press, 1998) for having helped suppress awareness that the NIAID helped Germany’s Merck pharmaceutical company develop the 1974 hepatitis B vaccine given to gay men in NYC and Blacks in Central Africa that according to much scientific evidence was the specific vaccine that triggered the international AIDS pandemic.(59)
Summary and Closing Questions
“One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything,” urged William of Occam in providing his “Razor” analysis. This report seeks to do the same by simplifying the correlates and antecedents to serial homicide in the anthrax mailing mystery. This analysis is based on the FBI’s official model of analyzing suspects’ developmental histories and potential motives in such cases.
The foregoing analysis recognizes the highly unsavory developmental histories of central suspects in this case-those who stood to gain most by the extensive news coverage of the anthrax crimes-investors in pharmaceutical and vaccine firms.
In conclusion, this report characterizes the unique U.S. military weapons grade of anthrax developed from the Ames, Iowa strain that was used in the mailings and the organization most capable of making and distributing it. Given several incriminating associations and documented testimonies published in reputable periodicals, this author, supported by evidence advanced by Christopher Williams, was the first to determine the logical origin of this extraordinarily deadly form of aerosolizable anthrax-the Battelle Memorial Institute. This allegedly nonprofit multi-national military technology leader employed affiliated anthrax experts additionally linked to the CIA and implicated drug and vaccine companies.
Although several contractors are under suspicion for what might best be called “military-industrial sabotage, terrorism, and serial homicide” the accompanying flow chart depicts the primary suspects are linked to the high levels within the CIA, the Bush administration, and the British government. All of these powers operate with little to no effective judicial oversight. This, then, is the likeliest explanation as to why the FBI’s investigation has been slow and inconclusive.
Given the political ramifications and outcomes of the anthrax mailings, economic incentives were unlikely the sole motive for the crimes. On October 31, 2001, The Boston Globe heralded an unprecedented CDC initiative that is pledged to dramatically suspend civil rights in the event of a declared biological emergency. The “Model State Emergency Health Powers Act” was reported to give public health officials and states governors the power to arrest, transport, quarantine, drug, and vaccinate anyone suspected of carrying a broadly-defined potentially-infectious disease. The plan (available for downloading from http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.publichealthlaw.net/MSEHPA/MSEHPA.pdf.) is precisely the type of document that Battelle Memorial Institute’s public policy and social service providers, including leading academicians, periodically compose. The fact that their website promotes the institute’s pioneering role in marshalling America’s upcoming public health response to future outbreaks is chillingly Machiavellian. (See: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.battelle.org/hhs/default.stm.)
Based on the above information, basic questions for serious investigators might include:
1) Who in the Battelle Institute’s Jefferson labs had access to the optimally concentrated aerosolized, silica-based, Ames strain of anthrax, and who transported it to Trenton, New Jersey and elsewhere to be mailed?
2) Who in the CIA was assigned to oversee or participate in this classified biological weapons, or bioterrorism, “defense” operation, and who, if anyone in the agency (as with Battelle personnel), had the wherewithal and matching itinerary to effect the anthrax mailings in Trenton, St. Petersburg, Atlanta, and Malaysia.
3) Who at Battelle coordinated the Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program, and might they have held conflicting interests in the company (Bioport or companies) that stood to gain most financially by the acquired vaccines and/or anthrax fright.
4) Who in the Bush administration ordered, according to the BBC and The Guardian, the CIA to clamp down on FBI investigations linking bin Laden family assets to Bush family investments.
5) Who in the FBI received and carried out these suppressive orders, and what role, if any, did they play in stalling or misdirecting the anthrax mailings investigation.
6) Is America at risk and under attack from within our own secretive national security system, possibly more than it is from foreign entities and terrorist groups?
7) Could British agents, agencies and companies be involved with Bush administration officials and the CIA in directing a virtual coop in the United States in keeping with neo-colonialism, globalization, and related geopolitical agendas?
If we were able to accurately answer these questions, the revelations-no less extraordinary than the data and conclusions presented in this report-might serve as a basis upon which to rethink and redirect our national defense initiatives, public health policies, and several pressing wars, including the “War on Terrorism,” “War on Drugs,” “War on Crime,” and “War on AIDS.”
1) Tetrahedron, LLC. Bioterrorism author urges new FBI investigation. Media Bypass 2001 (December);9;12:54-61. See also: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/anthrax/letter_to_fbi.html.
2) The CDC advanced legislative proposal is available for downloading from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.publichealthlaw.net/MSEHPA/MSEHPA.pdf.
3) McHugh D. Bayer posts $165 million Q3 loss. Associated Press Business News. Wednesday, Nov 14, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://news.excite.com/news/ap/011114/08/germany-bayer.
4) Bradsher K. Bayer agrees to charge government a lower price for anthrax medicine. New York Times, October 25, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/25/business/25BaYE.html.
5) Miller J and Johnston D. Investigators liken anthrax in leahy letter to that sent to Dasche. New York Times, November 20, 2001. Available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/20/politics/201NQU.html?todaysheadlines.
6) Horowitz LG. Deadly Innocence: The Kimberly Bergalis Case-Solving the Greatest Murder Mystery in the Annals of American Medicine. Tetrahedron, LLC Press, 1993. See also: Horowitz LG. Murder and cover-up could explain the Florida dental AIDS mystery. British Dental Journal. 1994 10;24:423-327; This report was based on: Hartman AW, Ressler RR, Douglas JE and McCormack A. Sexual homicide: a motivational model. In: Criminal Investigatory Analysis of Sexual Homicide. National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime, United States Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, pp. 39-60, 1990.
7) O’Meara K. Drug deal: Investigative report. Washington Times, Insight Magazine. November 26, 2001, pp. 24-25.
8) Broad WJ. Terror anthrax lined to type made by U.S. New York Times. December 3, 2001. Available at http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/03/national/03POWD.html ; See also: Broad W. and Miller J. Anthrax inquiry looks at U.S. labs. New York Times, December 2, 2001. Available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/02/national/02POWD.html.
9) Cole LA. Anthrax hoaxes: hot new hobby? Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, 1999 (July/August);55;4:7-13. Available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.bullatomsci.org/issues/1999/ja99/ja99bulletins.html
10) Horowitz LG. Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare. Sandpoint, ID: Tetrahedron, LLC, 2001, pp. 304-308; for Richard Preston’s propaganda concerning the West Nile Virus outbreak, see pp. 1-13; for Dr. Monath’s meeting with Jerry Hauer and Clinton administration officials at the White House, see pp. 105-109.
11) Begich N and Burke K. New non-lethal weapons systems may be used against U.S. citizens. Report presented to the World Foundation for Natural Sciences on October 17, 1998, Interlaken, Switzerland. Published by The Leading Edge. Available from http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.earthpulse.com/.
12) Tucker J and Sands A. An unlikely threat. Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, 1999 (July/August);55;4:46-52. Available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.bullatomsci.org/issues/1999/ja99/ja99tucker.html)
13) Bioport was originally purchased by majority shareholder Intervac, a Maryland-based biotech firm owned by Admiral William J. Crowem Jr., but purchased by Fuad El Hibri, the general manager of Intervac. Mr. El Hibri directed the buyout as he had previously done with Porton Products Ltd., a Cambridge, England company apparently linked to Porton Down, England’s top biological weapons development and testing facility. (See: U.S. Government Reform Subcommittee on National Security, Veterans Affairs, and International Relations. June 30, 1999, available from http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b12516e4594.htm ; See also: http://search.lycos.com/main/default.asp ?lpv=1&loc–searchhp3&query=Faud+El-Hibri&… [see #10-Lansing State Journal]. In August 2001, the BBC reported that 20,000 “so called human guinea pigs went to Porton Down between 1939 and the 1960s” for various illegal chemical and biological weapons tests. Thousands were harmed or killed as a result. See: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://news.bbc.co.uk/low/english/uk/newsid_1506000/1506968.stm. For Robert Myers, Battelle Memorial Institute and the DoD’s Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program data see: Myers RC. Chief Operating Officer and Director, BioPort Corporation, The a joint meeting of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee and the Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education and Related Agencies of the Senate Appropriations Committee, March 16, 1999. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.senate.gov/~appropriations/old/labor/myrs3_16.htm.
14) Department of Defense. Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program: Unproven Force Protection. February 17, 2000, p. 13
15) Irvine R and Kincaid C. Another leftover scandal from Clinton: Background of Anthrax vaccine manufacturer BioPort. Free Republic. May 22, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://freerepublic.com/forum/a3b12516e4594.htm.
16) Skolnick SH. Overthrow of the American republic: The anthrax commissars. Citizen’s Committee to Clean Up the Courts. The primary source wished to remain anonymous. Mr. Skolnick relayed to this author by direct communication that he personally interviewed the source. For more information contact: Sherman H. Skolnick, 9800 South Oglesby Avenue, Chicago, IL 60617-4870. (773) 375-5741; E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; See also Menchken HL. The great anthrax stock swindle. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.whatareweswallowing.freeserve.co.uk/anthrax.htm.
17) Associated Press. Bin laden cutting Carlyle Ties. October 26, 2001. Available at: http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=query_displaynews&q=Carlyle+Group&so=&dc=&ro=…; see also: Newsweek MSNBC investigation 11-11-2001
18) Gurney I. US anthrax vaccine manufacturer Bioport and bin Laden. December 19, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.caspro.com/.
19) Staff. Vaccine bailout: DoD to bail out anthrax vaccine maker. Washington Times, Insight Magazine. October 20, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.insightmag.com/cgi-bin/ViewNews.cfm?Item=334. See also: Rosenbaum DE and Stolberg SG. U.S. will offer anthrax shots for thousands. New York Times, December 19, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/19/national/19VACC.html?todaysheadlines; and Rosenbaum DE and Stolberg SG. As U.S. offers anthrax shots safety debate begins again. New York Times, December 20, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/20/national/20VACC.html?todaysheadlines;
20) Cauchon D. FDA advisers tied to industry. USA Today, Oct 1, 2000. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/20/national/20VACC.html?todaysheadlines.
21) Massie RK. Blood feud: A mother takes the hemophilia tragedy to court. New Yorker. June 16, 1997, pp. 98-102.
22) Manning P. Martin Bormann: Nazi in Exile. Secaucus, NJ: Lyle Stuart, Inc., 1981.
23) Borkin J. The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben: The Unholy Alliance Between Hitler and the Great Chemical Combine. New York: Barnes & Noble, 1997.
24) Griffin GE. World Without Cancer: The Story of Vitamin B17. Westlake, CA: American Media, 1997.
25) American Home Products development of earliest smallpox vaccine is available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.ahp.com/history.asp. For strategic alliance between Baxter and Acambis to make the smallpox vaccine see Acambis’s website http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.biotechshares.com/acambis.htm
26) Wyeth Genetics Institute information is available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.wyeth.com/randd/gi/
27) American Home Products Company profile and affiliations are available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.ahp.com/companies.asp
28) Aventis announces support for government emergency preparedness efforts: Company to offer vaccines and antibiotic manufacturing capacity for protecting country against bioterrorism. October 26, 2001. Company press release at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.aventispharma-us.com/pressreleases/10_26_01.html
29) Horowitz LG and Martin WJ. Emerging Viruses: AIDS & Ebola-Nature, Accident or Intentional? Tetrahedron, LLC, 1998, pp. 37-38; for Lederle Labs connection to polio vaccine contaminations see p. 492; for CIA stockpiling of anthrax see document on p. 278; for expose’ on Richard Preston as a bioterror propagandist see pp. 385-400.
30) Manning P. op cit., pp. 29 and 56.
31) CNNfn. BASF boosts agro unit. News release available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://money.cnn.com/2000/03/21/europe/basf/
32) Staff. Industry role in bioterrorism response planning must be open to the public. The Public Citizen, Nov. 8, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.citizen.org/pressroom/release.cfm?ID=901; See also: Claybrook J. Drug companies wage war on consumer. The Public Citizen, Nov. 30, 2001. Available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.citizen.org/pressroom/release.cfm?ID=953.
33) Palast G and Pallister D. FBI and US spy agents say Bush spiked bin Laden probes before 11 September. The Guardian (London). November 7, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.citizen.org/pressroom/release.cfm?ID=953.27.
34) Aventis Media Center. Aventis Announces Support for U.S. Government emergency preparedness efforts. October 26, 2001. Available from Frankfurt, Germany, http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.aventis.com/main/0,1003,EN-XX-10590-45781–,FF.html; For Merck partnership see: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.aventis.com/main/0,1003,EN-XX-27211-44441–,FF.html
35) The reference for the Hoechst-Rhone Poulenc’s Aventis (Merck partnered) and Acambis “strategic alliance” with AHP’s Baxter Healthcare Corporation to produce the smallpox vaccine is available at http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.biotechshares.com/acambis.htm.
36) Information regarding the CDC’s vaccine award to Acambis is available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://company.monster.com/oravax/; For Oravax, Inc. name change to Acambis, Inc. see: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.oravax.com/
37) Broad W and Miller J. Germ defense plan in peril as its flaws are revealed. New York Times, August. 7, 1998.
38) Battelle’s nuclear biological and chemical group is described on their website at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nbcindustrygroup.com/battel.htm.
39) Battelle’s West Jefferson, Ohio BL-3 laboratory may be viewed at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.oravax.com/.
40) Stout D. U.S. offers $1 million for anthrax attacker’s capture. New York Times, October 18, 2001. Available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/
41) Isachenkov V. Germ warfare plans worry Russia, September 7, 2001. This information was relayed to the author by e-mail from Christopher Williams, Dec. 5, 2001. Contact: email@example.com
42) Preston R. Annals of Warfare-The Bioweaponeers. New Yorker, March 9, 1998.
43) To access this slide click on: at http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nrel.gov/surviving_disaster/fema2000/Cbiac/sld016.htm.
44) Staff reporter. U.S. scientist questioned: Former researcher denies connection to anthrax attacks. ABCNews.com. December 20, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/US_ANTHRAX.html
45) Schmidt S and Warrick J. FBI investigates possible financial motive in anthrax attacks. Washington Post, Friday, December 21, 2001, pg. A21.
46) American Home Products Corporation: Fort Dodge Animal Health. About AHP at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.ahp.com/fort_dodge/for_dodge.asp. Some of Fort Dodge Laboratories historic data is held by Iowa State University. For this see: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/manuscripts/MS019.html
47) Environmental News Network. West Nile virus strikes Florida horses. Tues, July 24, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.enn.com/news/enn-stories/2001/07/07242001/virus_44396.asp
48) National Veterinary Services Laboratory (NVSL) general description is available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.aphis.usda.gov/mds/eng-nvsl.html.
49) Purdum TS. Anthrax checks widen as officials admit error. New York Times, October 25, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/25/national/25ANTH.html?todaysheadlines;
50) Broad WJ, Johnston D, Miller J and Zielbauer P. Experts see F.B.I. missteps hampering anthrax inquiry. New York Times, November 9, 2001 http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/09/national/09INQUI.html?pagewanted=1&todaysheadlines.
51) Gellman B. AIDS is declared threat to security. Washington Post, Online, April 30, 2000. The CIA sponsored article is available for downloading at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/nie/report/nie99-17d.html. The Post’s article may be obtained at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A40503-2000Apr29
52) Associated Press. U.S. anthrax letter mailed to Kenya. New York Times, Oct. 18, 2001. Available from http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/international/AP-Anthrax-Overseas.html
53) McHugh D. Bayer posts $165 million Q3 loss. Associated Press. November 14, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.news.excite.com/news/ap/011114/08/germany-bayer.
54) Denny C. Rules relaxed in rush for new smallpox vaccine. The Guardian, Thursday, October 25, 2001.
55) Bradsher K. Bayer agrees to charge government a lower price for anthrax medicine. New York Times. October 25, 2001. Available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/25/business/25BAYE.html;
56) Abelson R and Pollack A. Other drugs to combat anthrax are in ample supply. October 23, 2001. New York Times. Available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/23/business/23DRUG.html; See also: Pear R. In anthrax crisis, health secretary finds unsteady going. New York Times, October 25, 2001. Available from http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/25/national/25THOM.html; See also: Bradsher K. New York Times, Oct. 25, 2001. Other antibiotics than Cipro.
57) Stolberg SG. Senators seek $3.2 billion to fight germ threats, doubling bush plan. New York Times, Nov. 16, 2001. Available from: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/25/business/25BAYE.html.
58) Wade N. A nation challenged: Drug research; U.S. hunting antiviral drug to use in case of smallpox. New York Times, November 23, 2001. Available from NYTimes online archives.
59) Horowitz LG. Polio, Hepatitis B and AIDS: An integrative theory on a possible vaccine induced pandemic. J Medical Hypothesis 2001;56;5:677-686.
60) Scott S. Anthrax matches Army spores (identical to Dugway PG, Ft Detrick anthrax). Baltimore Sun, Dec. 12, 2001. p. 1.
61) Dresch SP. Investigation into responsibility for recent anthrax incidents: A report to the Honorable Henry J. Hyde, Chairman of the Committee on International Relations, U.S. House of Representatives, December 10, 2001. For copies of this report contact the Forensic Intelligence International, LLC, the Kauth house, 318 Cooper Avenue, Hancock, MI 49930, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
62) Begich N and Horowitz L. Lethal revolution in unpopular non-lethal warfare. In: Chapter 15, “Non-lethal Electromagnetic Weapons” of Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare. L. Horowitz, ed. Sandpoint, ID: Tetrahedron, LLC, 2001, pp. 306-307.
MYSTERIOUS DEATHS OF BIOWEAPONS EXPERTS
According Stephen P. Dresch, Ph.D., an independent investigator and director of Forensic Intelligence International, Bioport’s links to the British biological weapons epicenter, Porton Down, are clear and highly suspect in-so-far-as the mysterious sudden deaths of internationally esteemed bioweapons experts Larry C. Ford and Vladimir Pasenchnik. In Dr. Dresch’s government petition for a broader anthrax mailings investigation submitted to Henry J. Hyde, Chairman of the Committee on International Relations, he relayed the history of Bioport’s evolution from Porton Down, and the mysterious deaths, suspected murders, of esteemed biological weapons experts, Larry C. Ford and Vladimir Pasenchnik, both of whom held direct links to these British Government controlled entities.(61)
In the early 1980s, Dr. Dresch reported, “a significant part of the ‘civilian’ component of the British Porton Down complex, the Centre for Applied Microbiology and Research [CAMR], was privatized as Porton International, a creation of Wensley Haydon-Baillie, who reputedly became one of the 50 wealthiest persons in Britain as a result of what was alleged to have been political favoritism in the acquisition of government assets by Porton International.” By the early 1990s, “Fuad El-Hibri acquired an interest in Porton International and/or related Porton Down spin-offs, Porton Products and Speywood Holdings, and were instrumental in obtaining anthrax vaccine in the U.K. for Saudia Arabia. In 1997, the U.S. Department of Defense awarded a defense-biologics contract in excess of $300 million to Dynport LLC, which is a joint venture of Porton International and U.S. defense contractor Dyncorp.”
In a process similar to Haydon-Baillie’s creation of Porton International, Dr. Dresch continued, “Fuad El-Hibri and Admiral William J. Crowe, Jr., who had just returned from a posting as ambassador to the United Kingdom, created Bioport Corporation, which acquired the State of Michigan’s Biological Products Laboratory,” the sole producer of the anthrax vaccine for the U.S. military. The “highly questionable privatization” of this laboratory had been the subject of numerous reports in the mainstream and alternative press, particularly following the government’s expressed intention to vaccinate the entire military with this non-FDA approved, largely untested, broadly ineffective, immunologically weak, and highly risky anthrax preventive.
Relating Bioport and its British principles at Porton Down to the mysteriously deceased Larry C. Ford, M.D., and Vladimir Pasechnik, Dr. Dresch provided telling text. He wrote that in early March 2000, at his home in Irvine, Orange County, California, Dr. Ford “died of a shotgun blast. His death was later ruled a suicide, notwithstanding the fact that his firearms had supposedly been confiscated by the police several days before, after the attempted murder of his business partner, a crime for which he was a principal suspect. Only later was it revealed that Ford had served as a consultant to both the CIA and the chemical and biological weapons program of the South African Defense Forces, headed by Wouter Basson, M.D.
Dr. Dresch continued relaying details about Ford’s involvement in the biological weapons industry:
Ford’s contributions to Basson’s program included lecturers on converting ordinary items into lethal biological weapons. After Ford’s death, his Irvine neighborhood was evacuated for several days as federal authorities excavated a weapons’ bunker in Ford’s yard and removed samples of various toxic biological agents found in Ford’s refrigerators. The specific biological agents found in Ford’s home have never been identified by the authorities, nor have they reported if any toxic agents were found in the university and other laboratories used by Ford. An initially frenzied FBI investigation quickly became quiescent.(61)
One of Dr. Ford’s associates, Dr. Dresch reported, said that Ford had been in contact with Bioport Corporation, and that shortly before his death he was preparing to “move his medical-scientific work abroad.”
The Dresch report also contained stinging insights into the criminal behavior and associations of Dr. Basson, who “headed the South African biowarfare program from its inception in the late 1970s until it was nominally abandoned in 1993.” Dr. Dresch reported that Basson had been arrested in 1997 on charges of murder, embezzlement and drug violations. Basson’s trial began in 1999 and remains ongoing at the time of this writing. His legal records detailed a spider’s web of offshore business investments and relationships between Basson and the organizations chiefly suspected in the anthrax mailings. He claimed to have “enjoyed access to the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases [USAMRIID] and Porton Down. The Washington Post (Sunday, December 16, 2001) reported that USAMRIID was a main supplier of the Ames strain of anthrax distributed to all the biological weapons labs allegedly being investigated by the FBI, including Dugway Proving Grounds and the Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI). USAMRIID and Dugway testing labs were reported on December 12, 2001 as testing a strain of anthrax powder virtually identical to the one that was mailed.(60) The fact that Bioport (largely owned by Porton Down investors) and BMI were working in tandem to produce the anthrax
vaccine, and Battelle supplied and administered Dugway’s aerosolized germ warfare facilities, links an arrested criminal accused of murder in 1997, to the labs that developed, tested, and stockpiled the mailed anthrax powder in 2001.
Basson, Dr. Dresch added, had been involved in “several undertakings with Libyans and made numerous trips to Libya, continuing after his [South African biowarfare] program was terminated.” This led to “successful British and U.S. demands that he be reemployed, and controlled, by the South African government,” according to Dr. Dresch. Basson is suspected of being involved in the major anthrax outbreak in Rhodesia (currently Zimbabwe) in 1979 linked to the South African government, currently under investigation. Basson is also “alleged to have developed such means of delivery of biological agents as, for example, anthrax-laced cigarettes,” Dr. Dresch wrote.
Finally, Vladimir Pasenchnik, the former director of the Institute of Ultra Pure Biochemical Preparations, a division of the Soviet biowarfare institute known as Biopreparat, defected to England in 1989. He was employed by Porton Down until he helped establish an unnamed private company several years ago, according to an obituary in the New York Times (November 23, 2001). Dr. Pasenchnik’s death, by an alleged stroke, was reported in the Times by an official from Britain’s Ministry of Defense who had joined in Pasechnik’s defection debriefing. Regarding Pasenchnik’s sudden and suspicious demise, Dr. Dresch’s investigation drew from a report in Russia’s National News Service. That record stated the deceased Dr. Pasenchnik was the “chief developer (while in the Soviet Union) of the military grade plague as well as several successful types of binary [hybridized or mutated combinations of biological] weapons . . . [T]he fact that the newspaper [the Times] quotes a former member of British intelligence rather than the doctor, makes people believe in other versions of death of the person who knew too much.”
Dr. Dresch concluded this section of his report to Chairman Hyde by writing, “the coincidence of Pasechnik’s death and the recent rash of anthrax-related illnesses and deaths is certainly interesting.”(61)
Side Bar 2:
Though most people would dismiss the following adjunctive information as foolish conspiracy nonsense, a more thorough critical analysis of this evidence strongly suggests trends or indicators in line with an actual military-industrial conspiracy, operating in support of globalization, as described in this report and in far greater detail in the book Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare. For example, Battelle’s “Defense Enterprise Integration Services” logo seen here depicts six stars on either side of the globe. Based on the revelations in Chapter 17 entitled “Breaking Code 6 and the Heart of the Beast,” this reflects the coding system used by the British Royal Family and their Secret Service’s MI6 dating back to the ancient Pythagorean mystery schools. The logo, in essence, codes for “66” and, as shown, creates the context for integrated military services for hypothetically successful globalization. Much like “Phillips 66” and Route 66-America’s highway-the 6s are alpha-numeric equivalents to the Ss in Britain’s, Germany’s, and America’s “SS” intelligence organizations. In American military circles, the terms “Special” connotes “Secret.” Thus, the “Special Services” division of the United States Army likewise codes for “66.”
The “Mark of the Beast” referred to in the Bible-666 or SSS (using the alphanumerics of the multiples of six, wherein A=6, B=12, C=18 . . . S=114 . . . Z=156; adjusted to the single digit Pythagorean integer [e.g., S=114 or 1+1+4 = 6])-is likewise reflected on every bar code, the VISA insignia, NATO’s supercomputer in Brussels, Belgium, the sum of the word “VACCINATION,” and the logo of the Atomic Energy Commission directed and Department of Energy managed nuclear engineering laboratory adjacent the town of ARCO in southern Idaho. BMI is intimately involved in DoE administration, research, and developments involving nuclear energy, Navy sonar, weather, environmental, and population policy initiatives and technologies many of which involve research in the fields of genetics, electromagnetics, and frequency broadcasting.
Given Battelle’s leadership in the fields of population sciences, climate control, personal identification, data storage and retrieval, electromagnetic surveillance technologies, biological and chemical warfare, and “defense” strategies including vaccinations, along with concurrent involvements with Bioport and other drug companies directing the government’s vaccine acquisitions program, some observers and civil rights advocates have expressed justifiable concern regarding the forced vaccinations required under the “Model State Emergency Health Powers Act.” Following a perceived smallpox outbreak, for instance, the possibility that “preventive” injections may carry identification and/or surveillance devices akin to the Bible’s “Mark of the Beast” is, unfortunately, very real.
(Details regarding the Department of Energy, intimately linked to Battelle Memorial Institute, and their apparent connection to neo-Nazi terrorist groups and individuals operating in Northern Idaho implicated in wildfire arson and energy industry profiteering is available at: http://web.archive.org/web/20021202071714/http://www.tetrahedron.org/news/NR010820.html.)
Given this reality, HHS secretary Tommy Thompson’s words detailing his $500 million allocation for enough smallpox vaccine “so every American will be assured there is a dose with his or her name on it . . .” may be more than coincidental.(54)
Again, though most people might consider this a remote, if not ridiculous, conspiracy theory, there is no doubt the technology for this new form of population management exists within Battelle’s “integrated services” network. They have, in fact, pioneered this global possibility that some policy experts at the U.S. Army’s War College have advocated.(62)Featured Links
An Open Letter and Question for FBI Director, Robert Mueller
An Open Letter and Question for FBI Director, Robert Mueller, from Dr. Leonard G. Horowitz, Prepared for Broadcast on “Inside Out,” Hosted by Michael Levine on KRLA radio in Los Angeles December 17, 2001.
Dear FBI Director Robert Mueller,
I don’t know whether you have seen Sunday’s Washington Post(Dec. 16, 2001) article by authors Rick Weiss and Susan Schmidt entitled “Capitol Hill Anthrax Matches Army’s Stocks: 5 Labs Can Trace Spores to Ft. Detrick,” in which a short list of your chief suspects is provided? I am pleased to read these revelations, and wish to further facilitate your investigation toward a successful conclusion. As a Harvard-trained public health authority and independent investigator published in the field of using the FBI’s motivational model for investigating serial homicides involving infectious agents, I want you to know that on Monday December 10, I released a 20-page detailed report to the press, to members of Congress, and to your bureau chiefs, which has largely propelled these recent mainstream media identifications of the Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) as your principle suspects in the anthrax mailings mystery. (Download report by Clicking Here)
Given this opportunity on Los Angeles radio, I would like to have you respond to the following facts, and question, “Why should the people of the United States trust you and the FBI to fulfill your expressed mission to solve this case when:
1) On October 1, 2001, approximately two weeks prior to the first publicized anthrax mailing, I personally delivered information to the FBI that should have prompted an immediate investigation of affiliated military-industrial and pharmaceutical contractors that maintain intimate ties to BMI and the CIA-information and an investigation that might have prevented the mailings sent more than a week later from Trenton, NJ. In fact, as evidenced by Sunday’s report in theWashington Post, this information still appears to be actively suppressed, namely, the most obvious motives behind the mailed anthrax was to fan fears, dramatically expand pharmaceutical industry profits, and meet military-industrialists’ and political objectives grossly jeopardizing American freedoms and civil rights.
2) Here are the incriminating facts Mr. Mueller: The Battelle Memorial Institute administers and supplies the Dugway anthrax proving facility in Utah where the only virtually identical Ames strain of silica-impregnated hyper-weaponized anthrax was found. According to Sunday’s Washington Post, “Dugway is the only facility known in recent years to have processed anthrax spores into the powdery form that is most easily inhaled. Dugway’s military supply is allegedly well protected by “multiple security measures,” (according to Scott Shane reporting in theBaltimore Sun, Dec. 12, 2001). BMI’s security is apparently not as strict.
3) The Battelle Memorial Institute, (according to William Broad and Judith Miller in the New York Times, Thursday, Dec. 13) provides services as “a military contractor in [West Jefferson] Ohio,” and “has experience making powdered germs. . . . [T]he contractor participated in a secret Central Intelligence Agency program, code-named Clear Vision [that] began in 1997, that used [allegedly] benign substances similar to anthrax.
4) BMI directs the Defense Department’s “Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program” worth more than $1 billion in vaccine contracts; an acquisition program in which Battelle, as a CIA contractor, partnered with Bioport for America’s sole anthrax vaccine production. Bioport-largely owned by Britain’s top secret biowarfare consortium Porton Down, bin Laden family associate Faud El Hibri, Admiral William J. Crowe, Jr., a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and others (including, according to some investigators, the multinational investment firm and defense contractor, the Carlyle Management Group, that managed bin Laden family millions prior to 9-11, directed by past CIA director Frank Carlucci, James Baker, III, and Past President George H.W. Bush); a vaccine maker that has negotiated a steady stream of controversy and illegalities since 1996, the year before the CIA contracted with Battelle to conduct a special study of aerosolized hyper-weaponized anthrax.
5) Based on a September 7, 2001 Associated Press report, a “new strain” of extremely lethal anthrax had been under development before September 2001, by a U.S. biological weapons contractor, apparently Battelle Memorial Instititue in West Jefferson, Ohio, as this fit the intelligence published by the New York Times (wherein America’s top anthrax expert, William C. Patrick III, “said the American program had achieved [an unprecedented] concentration of one trillion spores per gram.” According to the Associated Press, a Russian munitions expert, Alexander Gorbovsky, voiced his government’s concerns regarding the increased threat posed by this obviously active U.S. biological weapons program-a program that an anonymous Pentagon official referred to as “Project Jefferson,” implicating Battelle’s WestJefferson labs once again.
6) “Project Jefferson” was ongoing around the same time American anthrax ace William C. Patrick III, was apparently contracted by Battelle Memorial Institute to develop a report on the ramifications of mailing powdered anthrax, much the same as what occurred in the wake of the October anthrax mailings.
7) According to a 1998 New Yorker article written by admitted CIA consultant and exposed CIA propagandist Richard Preston, William C. Patrick III and Russian defector Kanatjan Alibekov (alias, “Ken Alibek”)-the world’s two leading anthrax experts-were very “close friends!” Both men held classified consulting contracts with the CIA and Battelle, Alibekov was on the CIA’s payroll at that time, according to Preston, and he was fully employed by the Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI).
8) BMI, according to its website (http://www.battelle.org/nationsecurity/), is a virtual one-stop-shopping-center for U.S. and foreign militaries, the Department of Energy, the national security industries, affiliated agencies, organizations, and institutions evaluating every major aspect of modern methods of population and environmental control and warfare. With nearly $1 billion of business volume annually, Battelle’s 7,500 scientists, engineers, and support specialists, have designed and developed a wide variety of innovations from the uranium used in the top secret “Manhattan Project” of WWII to the Xerox copying process. In addition to their voluminous research, development, and testing activities, this private institute co-manages America’s most secret enterprises including the DoE’s Brookhaven National Laboratory, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Oak Ridge Laboratory, and fully manages several others including the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, and Dugway’s “Life Sciences” facility which is intimately tied to their two biological level-3 “Aerosol Engineering & Biological Sciences Facilities” in West Jefferson, Ohio. (These appear in photographs on a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) promotions slide Click Here.)
9) Battelle’s “Aerosol Engineering and Biological Defense Science” description relays that their “Aerosol Science and Technology (AS&T) group develops lab experimental and field test procedures for . . . point-source emissions and the transport and atmospheric fate of aerosols by means of modeling and field assessments for industrial process.” Thus, the government “contractor” for whom anthrax expert William C. Patrick III wrote his mailed anthrax aerosol dispersal assessment could have only been Battelle for whom “Ken Alibek” worked; Robert Myers, Bioport’s Chief Operating Officer affiliated; and Jerry Hauer in New York’s emergency management helped facilitate tests. All of these suspects (except Alibek), played roles in the Department of Defense’s Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program that was accelerated for millions of dollars in biowarfare profiteering due to the anthrax mailings and national fright they caused.
In summary, there are several serious indicators that the source of the anthrax weapon used in the mailings was the Ames, Iowa strain of silica-impregnated and electro-statically charged anthrax produced by the Battelle Memorial Institute under their classified Defense Department “Project Jefferson” and/or CIA project “Clear Vision.” This hyper-weaponized germ was likely produced with the help (or under the direction) of Dr. Alibekov and/or Dr. Patrick. The fact that these Battelle agents and CIA-affiliated agencies gained notoriety, if not financially, as a result of the anthrax mailings and fright fits the parameters of organized conspiracy to commit military-industrial sabotage and serial homicide approaching economic genocide.
FBI Director Mueller, this is my third communication to you since early October. “We the People” of the U.S. want to know whether we can depend on you and your bureau officials to pay more than lip service to this critical investigation. We want to know whether your hands have been tied, or will be tied by U.S. National Security officials on behalf of implicated parties in the CIA and Bush administration-parties who have developed lucrative vaccine and drug contracts behind closed doors, illegally according to existing transparency laws, through vaccine representatives and profiteers in the organization known as PhRMA that directs, along with Bush administration officials, the Emergency Preparedness Task Force.
“We the People” are tired of false assurances that “no stone is being left unturned” in the anthrax mailings investigation. Do you really have the courage and clout to pursue this investigation to where it obviously leads-to Battelle, Bioport, the CIA and even the White House? Or will you and your bureau leaders continue to sacrifice your integrity along with the lives, health, safety, and civil liberties of the American people to support this ongoing commercial cover-up and military-industrial conspiracy?
Leonard G. Horowitz, D.M.D., M.A., M.P.H.
President/Publisher, Tetrahedron, LLC
cc: M. Levine, KRLA radio
members of the U.S. Congress
8,700 members of the American news media, and
general Internet distribution